The TDI Oxygen (O2) Equipment Service Technician Course allows candidates the ability to engage in the preparation of scuba equipment for the use and exposure of oxygen and other mixed gasses used in technical diving. The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper procedures required for oxygen equipment cleaning. This course may be combined with the Visual Inspection Procedures course at the discretion of the Instructor.
Who this course is for:
The dive shop employee wanting to learn the proper procedures for handling and servicing equipment or a diver interested in the process of advanced level equipment cleaning, servicing, and care. This course will give you an in-depth, behind-the-scenes perspective on how equipment is cleaned, serviced
Minimum age 18
Provide proof of the following:
Certification as a TDI Nitrox Gas Blender or equivalent
VIP certification through a recognized training agency*
Certification through a recognized manufacturing company regulator clinic**
Employment through a recognized scuba related facility, manufacturer/distributor or proof of intent to acquire such employment
*VIP certification may be offered in combination with this course
**Not required if training as TDI Cylinder O2 Service Technician only
What you can expect to learn:
The TDI Oxygen (O2) Equipment Service Technician Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
The responsibility of the service technician
Oxygen compatible system components
Materials for use in oxygen cleaned systems
Procedures of oxygen cleaning
Gas production equipment
- General considerations
- Continuous blending systems
- Membrane separation systems
- Pre-mix systems
- Partial pressure blending
- Oxygen analysis
- Oxygen analyzers
- Cylinder handling and logs.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in preparation of scuba equipment, according to their certification level.
There are two levels of certification as follows:
- Equipment O2 service technician: Qualified to service scuba regulators, cylinders, valves, and manifolds for use with enriched air nitrox and other technical mixed gasses.
- Cylinder O2 service technician: Qualified to service scuba cylinders, valves, and manifolds for use with enriched air nitrox and other technical mixed gasses
TDI Oxygen (O2) Equipment Service Technician minimum requirements:
- Candidates must successfully service a cylinder valve and regulator* for enriched air nitrox use
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Service Technician course written examination with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Demonstrate proficiency in servicing scuba equipment for use with enriched air nitrox
*Regulator service not required if training a cylinder O2 service technician only
Do your course registration and receive your eLearning code(or start direct online) .
Before you meet with us, you need to finnish the complete Online part.
Course Cost: $139.95 USD for eLearning only. Pool and open water training not included. Contact us for full course cost.
Course Standards & Procedures